Law and Practice relating to Company Meetings
Author: Ramaswami Kalidas
*Free Shipping available on this title
The book contains an incisive analysis of the law and practice relating to the holding of meetings of the board, various committees constituted by the Board and general meetings of the members including meetings held specifically under the statute for different stakeholders. The book explains lucidly the paradigm shift which has been brought about in the Companies Act, 2013 as compared to the 1956 Act in the matter of conducting meetings, use of audio visual means for attending meetings etc.
The book will be of immense value to the professional fraternity as well as those aspiring to enter the profession, company directors, academicians as also the dilettante. The book should enable the professionals to organize meetings in a systematic manner as practical insights have been provided on these aspects, given the author's four-decade long interface with the Industry. The annexures to the book contain the relevant provisions in the Act, Rules, Regulations, Secretarial Standards etc to facilitate co-relation with the discussion in the chapters of the book.
* Critical analysis of the law and practice relating to company meetings with reference to the case laws both under the present Act and its predecessor, the 1956 Act.
* Specific reference to SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 governing conduct of meetings by listed companies.
* Relevant amendments by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2020 have been analysed.
* Secretarial Standards 1 (Meetings of the Board of Directors) and 2 (General Meetings) have been critically examined.
* Ambiguities in the law explained and dealt-with pragmatically under various topics.
* Ready reference to the law, relevant Rules, SEBI Regulations, Notifications and Circulars to make the edition contemporaneous.